Mount Calvary Cemetery, Inc. was established in 1859 as the United German & French Roman Catholic Cemetery Association of Buffalo. Six Roman Catholic Churches came together to form this association St. Ann’s, St. Boniface, St. Louis, St. Mary, St. Michael and St. Peter French Church. Mount Calvary Cemetery, Inc. became the official name in 1982. Mount Calvary is comprised of five cemeteries and a crematory, spread over 365 acres all located within Cheektowaga, New York. Mount Calvary is a not-for-profit 501(c)13 corporation regulated by the New York State Division of Cemeteries. All faiths are welcomed.
- Douglas J. Wasiura, President
- Frieda M. Hacic, Vice President Administration
- Karen M. Heidenburg, Corporate Secretary-Treasurer
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Matthew J. Garvey, Chairman
- Russell A. Corigliano
- Rick Dean
- Joseph M. Floss
- Nancy A. Fredrickson
- Jeffrey M. Reed
- Buffalo Cemetery, established 1853, became part of Mount Calvary 1984.
- Mount Calvary Cemetery, established 1925.
- Pine Lawn Cemetery, established 1984, land was part of Buffalo Cemetery Association.
- Ridge Lawn Cemetery, established 1897, became part of Mount Calvary 1983.
- United German & French Roman Catholic Cemetery, established 1859.
Our mission is to provide for the remembrance of lives; each in its own unique and meaningful manner. To exemplify this mission we serve our clients by:
- Providing our services with care and respect.
- Providing a peaceful and soothing environment where people can gather to honor the life of a loved one.
- Preserve longstanding traditions and customs, while adapting to changing personal, cultural and financial needs.
- Express kindness, compassion and attention to detail.
- Help families make well-planned preparations in their time of need.
- Offer personalized and affordable services and products.
A not-for-profit corporation founded in 1859, Mount Calvary Cemetery, Inc. is governed by the New York State Division of Cemeteries and is regulated by Section 1501 of the Not-For-Profit Corporation Law.